hello hello from can you guess it????????????? give ya some hints, its got
30k people, mostly illegals, lots of farms and small stores, poorest place in
the mission, and its crazy hot. any ideas? ok here's another hint, its a store in
the mall. Hollister, CA. this place is crazy!! but i absolutely love it! all
the members and recent converts are the nicest of people and a lot are quite
funny too. I have a bike half the week and a car the other. there's 4 elders and
2 sisters down here for the whole town! theres 2 wards and a small Spanish
branch. plus i already have to talk next month....... oh well. there are so many
teaching opportunities so my gospel knowledge is coming fast and hopefully
good. it truly is a wonderful place here. and boy oh boy do i get fed good
here. seems everywhere i go theres people eating and giving us food. I've got to
try cactus which is pretty good and some spinach smoothie things that turned out
ok. idk what i ate but the past 2 days I've had horrible cramps....
hahaha but other than that I'm 100% healthy and ready to go. theres sadly no In-
N- Out here which is killer but at least theres a taco bell just past our
apartment, our apartment too is the nicest in the whole mission which is funny
sense its out here in poor Hollister. but I love it everything is so lovable
out here! even the people that yell and scream at ya. got 3 baptisms coming up
this next month so i definitely got thrown in the heat of everything! its all
been gas and go for me and so today i took a good 2hr nap which recharged the
batteries tremendously. we have quite a few investigators so ill definitely stay
busy. we don't track here which is nice. Elder Perry came to us like 6 months ago
and said if we street contact 175 a week and teach 20 lessons a week we will see
more success and more baptisms so that's what were doing!! the ward takes care of
us so well. there all fantastic and easy to talk to and love. i think I've
already bike the whole town besides the sisters ward which is tiny lol so all in
all I'm going all out. hopefully that will make things go by a little quicker than
this past week. my companion is fantastic Elder Clarke from Canada, hes so
spiritual and very very planned out. he is always jumping for the next thing. so
I've learned to just go with the flow but all in all were kickin it here!
already taught a dozen lessons and a few of which were the first for the
investigator so I've got a few start to finish investigators going now instead of
catchup from others that i know nothing about! already broke a bike and gone
supermaning off the bike...... my comp. stopped and i nailed him because i was
trying to beat the gate to our apt. and my bike stopped but i kept going haha
didn't get hurt just blackened my shirt but it came out. this place is awesome.
honestly i feel I'm in the best place in the mission already. I get to go to the
Oakland temple before GC each 6b months so that's good! i cant wait its giant!!
theres a wonderful work going on here i tell ya and here in Hollister is going
at like 90miles an hour so i gotta try to keep up!!
Email is way easier now. I've got a much time as i need. hope y'all are doing
amazing know that i miss you and love you sooo much! keep me in the loop and
tell everyone hi for me,
my new address for about the next 6months will be
Elder Tyler McAllister
500 Hillock Dr. Apt # 133
Hollister, CA 95023
I love ya guys so much! i really do miss you. hopefully the time starts
flying for you and maybe a little for me because i still don't want to let
everything go by but a little faster would help.
Love,
Elder McAllister


Holy moly, good ol' Hollister! It's a nice little town, and I would think a good place to start working in the mission field. I'm so glad he likes it. Go get 'em Elder McAllister!
ReplyDelete