Monday, October 8, 2012

Oct 8, 2012

hey hey guys! so first off yes i got the package and loved it! the rolls were totally smashed but still taste delicious. and for the music Megan also something with some banjo I'm cravin some banjo right now haha. an with the clothes ya just some tshirts and basketball shorts that you think id like and that would fit me. ummm i believe that was all the questions right???

so conference was amazing i can definitely see a difference between being a member of the church and being an Elder for the church the ratio of information gained is unreal. I loved conference and there were so many good talks. Uchtdorf was definitely my favorite though with his talk about the journey of our life and such. what'd ya think of priesthood Pops? girls what were your favorite talks? ill reread em when the ensign comes in. it was crazy to see the change in age for missionaries but i think it is a wonderful idea to keep kids from getting in trouble. and i can see God's 4th Qtr blitz coming in to play with it sense Satan is always blitzing harder and harder. God raises the bar and so Satan follows. but we all know who'll win!

The temple.... holey cow! haha it was magnificent. so the temple grounds are on a jut of a cliff and so it stands out quite a bit and on a clear day you can see Oakland and see across the bay to San Fran and Golden Gate and all the various bridges and big container ships. the temple looks like a huge castle right? haha well its not... its pretty small actually. about the size of Denver, but 2 stories. and 2 little bits of trivia its is the only temple that has a sound in the Celestial room, a fan blows against the chandelier and makes the most beautiful chime i have ever and will ever hear. the other, they turned off all the lights at night to save money and that night the airport called and asked them to turn it back on because that was a land mark for the pilots and they were getting lost coming in to final approach haha. crazy stuff huh! but the temple was wonderful that is my favorite temple. everything about it is spectacular, the grounds are beautiful and the inside is breath taking. I love the temples so much and the only thing i love more is the ordinances that come from the temple. especially sealings. how wonderful is it to think that I get to spend all eternity with 5 of the most special and important people of my life, and possible even my wonderful pooch ;) I can think of no there blessing that is worth that to me. I never really realized it til at the temple. Girls always have the temple in your cross hairs always set that to be your goal if the boy you are interested in doesn't have that same cross hair kick him to the curb no matter how good he is. its that important. Mom Pops always always try to get to the temple each month, the peace and love that is felt there as you know can calm and sea and whether and storm.

Dang I'm running out of time to email but have so much more to talk about!! haha  So ill try to cram int all in.

this week I've finally got L1 and L2 and part of L3 down and ready to teach, gonna be teaching L2 here to a lady who dropped us to take Jehovah Witness lessons, but now is listening to us again so hopefully all goes well and the spirit will be with us.

Some things I've learned the hard way, gotta always stay humble.... always. you can do nothing in missionary work and with anything for that matter without the spirit of the Lord with you and Guiding you. I've had to learn patience real quick here with my situation and boy did i had to learn it fast haha. but I'm getting better today for once has the mixins for a good day, how the morning starts off is usually how the day ends.

the work is booming here in Hollister, we have 5 progressing, and another 4-5 potentials. our goal is to baptize and bring them all into the Fold of God. were working with this crazy funny and lovable grandma, i might have spoken about her before but she is on the way to quit smoking and coffee and then be baptized on the 27th and the prayer is that her granddaughter can be baptized on the same day, but her mom is saying no just to say no, remember the girl i said looked and reminded me of KK? ya that's the one. her dad is a member and just got interviewed for the Mel. Priesthood. which will allow him to both baptize and confirm both his daughter and mom. there a wonderful family to visit and teach.

I'm starting to become a missionary! i feel i know what its all about now and I'm getting into the swing of things real well. plus I've already got ideas for y'alls Christmas presents and Ive gotta say there good ones :) haha oh I finally looked ahead and it looks like ill most likely be here in Hollister til March'ish, isn't that wonderful?? i can think of no other place id want to go. I can stay here my whole mission and I'd be happy! ok maybe one transfer somewhere else like Santa Cruz or something but then end right back where i started! anyway gotta talk on Sunday and its alot harder to prepare a talk without the help of the general authorities that so many members use in there talks but I've got a good one coming i can feel it!

Oh so with pictures, the public library computers don't have anyway to put pictures on em(partly because i forgot to bring my camera cord) and so I'll take them to target and get prints so after today I'll probably send y'all some pictures of Hollister! so be lookin.

I love y'all so much, I miss you each day and pray for your well being.

Love,
-Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment