Monday, August 19, 2013

Aug 19, 2013....One Year This Week!

hey yal
So glad to hear about my awesome athlete sisters. Way to go! Meg's a rockstar and is gonna get a scholarship to Baylor this year. Jenna's gonna break the JV outsides knee in the locker room and is gonna get bumped up and Kayla's going to invent a new sport and mom and dad will just have real sore chops from the bleachers all day everyday. haha
Sounds like yal had a real good week. Wow Meg just got her license and you let her go to the west side of town on her own. Man I remember I got mine and yal tried keepin me on like a 2 mile radius from the house haha but I'm glad she's enjoyin it and I would say mom's enjoyin her sleep but I know you still probably wake up to make sure they are up and if not, then the garage will wake ya up and boom wide awake haha. ......still know ya like a book after a yr away lol.
So for my yr mark...... me and Workman, my MTC comp, are gonna burn a shirt :) it's a ritual.... like you know how they say Mormons are cultish? well it's cause the missionaries hahaha jk but it should be exciting and funny. It's at a member's house.
Speaking of shirts and such so this week alone I ruined 3 of my 3 long sleeve shirts. and a few ties lol. one a big car grease stain down the back of a shirt. another pen marks(got that out mostly) and the other from a luau and getting dirty somehow idk how. but at least I got one haha! and the tie got a giant grease stain down the front. oh well. and I haven't bought any clothes in like 5 months anyway just FYI.
We're still lookin at suits. I found that pattern that is just stunning! haha so hopefully there's one that's pretty cheap. We're gonna go to brooks brothers today I think. But hopefully before next transfer I'd like a new one. And maybe one of those satin stripe or patterned white shirts but that's not as necessary. Well I guess price em out today and go from there. What's too expensive? $100000000? or maybe $999999? haha jk I was thinkin the 200 range + or - 50?
E. Barber says there's alot of McAllisters down in Kanab lol. He's good. Really hard working and he's been a ZL for a yr now so he kinda out ranks me. But we are pretty even in like how we do things I guess is the way to say it. He's a spiritual giant.
 
So this week was fun. Went to the golf range with a member who coached me up a bit and I'm gettin better slowly. Just to lose it all for the next 6 months before I might go again lol but it was fun.
 
So church yesterday idk what it was but I was just sooooo happy. The whole day..... no idea why. I guess because I know all the people, plus maybe cause we had like a dozen of our LA that we work with show up and plus our WC was super happy with the work we did and maybe cause everything finally clicked for me and I see the real joy of missionary work. Or maybe I just had gas. Who knows! haha but it was a great day.
Well gotta run. Can't wait to talk to yal later. Good luck on the games. Go big or go home! Play like it's the last game of the season every time. and have fun :) that's the secret to winning..... is having fun.
Love yal
-Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment