Saturday, August 3, 2013

July 30, 2013

Hey yal,
So this has been a crazy week.

Gotta go to Santa Cruz and do beach volleyball and oh it's so much better actually on a beach. fantastic fun! yes Ketywan's leavin this week.... he's so trunky and nervous. But it's good. It'll be interesting to see how this transfer will turn out cause both of the ZLs have already been 6 months in the area so one of us gotta stay. We'll see who..... might train..... might not.... who knows. I'll know Friday lol
I'm sorry life's hard Mom. But as they say..... hard as things may be, the Lord has promised us angels on our left and on our right to bear us up and He always keeps His promises. Took me a long time to learn that but it's true. And temple attendance can definitely grow that and help. I had my own outing with struggling with people. I'll explain later.
Jenna will do great with vb.... I wish her the best!
 
Glad Meg's senior pictures turned out. Can't believe she's a senior.... that's crazy!
 
Thinkin about buyin a ukulele rather than guitar cause it's easier to transport. Don't worry, not gonna buy one anytime soon but it'd be cool. Maybe Christmas or somethin. They're cheap here... 100 for a nice one Ketywan says...... islanders know best lol
I'm sure gonna miss Ketywan...... he's a great guy.
Our zone's gonna get like 1/3 of em switched out so we'll have alot of new faces to work with... it'll be good.
 
So this week was good..... with 1 big negative.... no bueno.
 
The good 1st..... went to Santa Cruz and played vb on the beach. soooo much fun! I loved it and Ketywan is so good at volleyball. Had a giant and absolutely delicious burger..... best one I've had I think. So good and I didn't get sunburned ;) haha all the makins of a good Pday.
 
This week we taught 25 lessons! It was great especially in such a hard area!  We however have a lot of missionaries sick which is no bueno but hopefully the best comes of it.
 
So the negative....... so 3 companionships broke into our apartment (via Ketywan's key) and hid with Nerf guns. So when we walked to the front door, ours were on the floor. We took em, guessed what was about to happen, and ran into a fire fight! It was a blast so much fun but when we cleaned up and everybody left, the cologne I bought with my bday money was gone. So I looked through the whole apartment, every last nook and cranny, and nothing. So I called each companionship and got it down to 1 who kept sendin my calls to voicemail and not answering my texts. Then I realized one in that companionship already had the exact same brand as mine so he wouldn't take it and so I know who it was and he lies straight to my face and idk what to do. I'm a missionary.  I can't just walk in and get in a fist fight even though that's what I wanna do. I can't call president cause that will be a huge waste of his time. So do I cut my $45 loss and deal with it or try and fight it more? I just don't know because it's a lot of money. His trust with me already is out the door, down the street, around the bend, and out to Mexico on fire. But I just dunno what to do..... I'll keep prayin on it and see what ya say.
It's sad the elders will steal from each other and then lie about it. Burns trust and hurts their eternal salvation.... I pray to love him because I seriously wanna wring his neck. But that won't solve anything. I'd like my stuff back or at least him to admit it so we can start building the trust back. We'll see what happens.....
The life of a missionary.....almost to my 12 month. Time's slowing allllloooooootttttt probably because I've been in the area so long. I think I'm ready for change since I've tried all my tricks on this area. We'll see what happens.
Love yal..... have a good week
-Elder McAllister


No comments:

Post a Comment