Monday, July 22, 2013

11 Months Today...July 22, 2013

hey yal.
So I'm pretty sure that getting hit with a 2x4 is about the same feeling when I heard about that concert. yal are sooooooo stinkin lucky... Congrats Meg, you have been to a concert before me. Hope it was super fun! Glad yal could go! It was at Bronco Stadium huh? Well, we had our own little excursion to a NFL stadium...

The new Levi Stadium to be exact!!! So we have a 49ers player in our ward right and we went to dinner and then he's like... I'll call you at 830 if the locker rooms are empty and you can come (since Ketywan's never put pads on) so we went! and it was cool..... the security guard had a cousin that did a mission and was talkin it up with us.  Then we found the guy.... Will Tukuafu .....and he showed us the locker room, met some players, looked at all the trophies and Ketywan maxed out his bench press with Tukuafu spotting him with all the fancy 49 weights and such. It was sooooooo cooolll!!!! Got tons of pictures!!!! Really sweet but the guys so humble and I love it. Might be gettin some 49ers gear too. We'll see. So I guess we broke even lol you a concert and me an NFL team. I'd take the country I think though.
So this has been a slow week. Very slow but a good one. Interviews were fantastic! Me and Pres are from the same cut of beef and it was cool to discuss everything. It's funny.... 3 or 4th interview with him and they started out being just about me and rapidly my interviews turned into talking about others and helpin em instead of me..... so cool to see Pres trusts me with takin care of everybody. And now as ZL, he trusts me even more. Really cool to see. But we talked and he was like yupp yer gonna crack some eggs and so what..... just do what ya know to do. So that's what I'm doin! Also had to give a sacrament talk in front of Pres wife and got taped! So we'll see how I did lol. I'm not good at speaking publicly... I'm glad someone in our family got that gene.
Man I loved trek absolutely loved it. If you do get those pics, you gotta send me em. Workman's got one of those electric picture frames so I can just throw a zip in it and watch em all. So we got the Work and the Glory this week from some members and I fell in love with em. I love the pioneers... I really think that's gonna be my future in the church is studyin and such of them cause when I was watchin em, all I could think about was how awesome it woulda been to be there....... to live when times were simpler and people were able to have a common goal and even though the physical persecution was tougher by far, I can take that sort. I struggle handling all this mental persecution and such but anyway..... love the early saints. Can't wait to go on trek as a pa. It'll be sweet.
Love yal so much! sorry for the short letter but Ketywans anxious to do stuff before he leaves the states...... 2 more weeks.
Love ya ,
-Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment