Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sept 16, 2013

Hey yal!
Good to hear everything is going well. Man I heard about the rain! That's insane! 1st tons of fire then the rain belated to put it out haha but I'm glad its not a drought anymore thats for sure lol hopefully everyone is stayin dry and no leaks in the house.
Glad meg liked HC and we finally won a game..... thats insane lol never done before.
Yeah I got the pictures..... holy snap meg and Jenna could be twins. Its ridiculous how big Jenna's gotten. Slow down sis! got back to 12 lol.
 
So this week was insane. Went by so fast! Incredibly fast..... lightning quick. Ridiculous how time flies out here. Yes I'm getting transferred but I'm at peace with it. I'm gonna miss alotta the people here. So many friends that I see as family, but the best experience of all was Saturday. President allowed us to go to the temple with Carlos for the 1st time! Oh man it was an amazing experience. Best day of my mission by far. We talked and talked and talked and talked and the spirit was there the whole time. Our eyes weren't dry the whole time. It was so special. Man I love that guy. Harder to say goodbye to him and I've only known him 7 months than sayin goodbye to most of my life long friends back home. It's crazy. I really feel I've learned at least a piece of how much Heavenly Father loves his children. He wrote in my journal and I lost it. You'd think I was a 4 yr old girl that got her lollipop takin away. It still is gut wrenching but the last thing we said to each other was see you at each other's weddings! So I'm lookin forward to that now for 2 reasons!!
 
Other than that, I've just been sayin goodbyes and packin my things. I'm gone on Tuesday. Who knows where the Lord will take me. I just hope its someone a little more easy going that E. Barber. I have been struggling the whole time with him. I feel I need to be 100% perfect or I get hugely judged and ugh its so stressful. My face is like the Himalayas too. But I give credit.... he's been doing this alot longer so maybe thats how I'm supposed to be but I just feel super inadequate and ready to ask pres to drop me to a reg missionary. But I keep getting back to "this is where the Lord wants you" so I stay lol. Its probably me and my personality that is just not meshing with his but that's ok..... different people do things different. I just wish I coulda made it work smoother. oh well.
 
Oh so funny story...... sacrament meeting yesterday. So this lady walks into the lobby during the sacrament and all the members motion for us. So we go out. and she's holding a dog... what are we supposed to do with a dog?? We teach, not play fetch lol. so she's freaking out about how to get help for this dog and then says she cant hold it anymore and like throws it at me. So there I am halfway through sacrament and holding a dog... and then she wants to go outside to call because she doesn't want to ruin any ones sacrament experience(apparently ours wasn't important lol) and so shes callin like 15 numbers and were just standing outside for like a half hour and while shes doing that I'm tryin to sell the dog to members walkin around haha! but it didn't work and finally I'm just like ok who cares and let it go and told her it'd be fine and she freaked out again but after a few minutes decided it was best. Then we finally sit back down and a few members come up to us and question us where we got this dog and why he's by the church and this and that and its like holy cow its just a dog. Let him be..... his owner will probably come lookin for him and then they left lol finally.... never an ordinary sacrament meeting in Santa Clara that's for sure lol.
But I'm getting transferred. We'll see where I go. I'm excited mostly. kinda burnt out right now though from all the stress. I'd love a good just 1-2 days of rest.... that'll get me goin at 100% again. Doubtful but hey I can dream haha! Loved the temple and the new film is extraordinary. You will have to go soon! I loved every second of it!

Love you guys...... do good on your games and homework and of course live it up! Have fun ...you only go through HS once. Enjoy the ride now rather than look back at it. :) Have a good week!
Oh and just sent a missionary outta Santa Clara to Colo Springs mission. Geo TKach. maybe he will get called to your area.
-Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment