Hey yal
So conference was fantastic! My goodness I loved every second of
it. The best thing is next month we will get the Ensign with all the talks so we
can re learn what they said. Such a wonderful thing. I totally spaced you guys
were going but I'm so happy you did. I tried lookin for you but it was the sun
sessions. I loved the talks..... they were so powerful.... full of the Spirit. ahh just
amazing. I find it so funny that like 3-4 conferences ago I would sleep through
conference and only be interested in the food pops and I would get after
priesthood. Now I'm like eating every second up. It's so funny.
Best thing
about conference is temple trip!! Getta go tomorrow..... sooooooo excited.... cant wait to
be in the House of the Lord. Easter 2 weeks ago, Elder Holland 3 weeks ago, ZC 4
weeks ago, GC last week and temple this week. Super jam packed few weeks with
the Spirit. .....so great.
The cinnamon rolls were amazing! Me and my comp
ate em up within 2 days lol
thank you so much!
So I'm still in the same
place just over SC and full car :) which is the best. Our ward is like huge. 35
min to get from one side to the other. but its good. My new companion is
awesome! 1st born Utahn companion and he's from Vanuatu.... Elder Ketywan. It's
amazing...... don't think I've laughed this constantly since I got out on a miss. We
laugh all the time now. He is hilarious and we get along great!! Just picture Rafiki in the Lion King...... that's how he laughs. soooo funny! I'm still a DL and my
district is now just us and the 4 Spanish sisters. They work so hard! it really
puts elders to shame.
Had a really cool experience last week. 1 of the
sisters is in the middle of training and her comp is a total rock star so she's
under lots of stress and asked me to give a blessing. It was so awesome. When
it was finished, she said that the Lord talked about everything she was worrying
about and stressed over. It was very spiritual....... just I guess opened my eyes a bit
more to how important it is to be a worthy priesthood holder to bless others
especially daughters of Heavenly Father. It was just a really humbling and "step
up to the plate" sorta experience. It was the 1st time I really focused on not
thinking about what I would say and it was amazing to see the Spirit work
through me to bless her. The priesthood....... its really important and
essential.
So lots of good stuff happening here and I'm truly the
happiest I have ever been. Which is so weird! The ward is cold, the people are
not friendly, everyone is working and we have no progressing LA or investigators
and yet I'm still the happiest. Maybe it all finally clicked for me. Who knows
but I love my mission and where I am now.
Hope all is well at home! and Megan lets just say I might get deported if I don't wear my ol Glory tie hahaha!!
oh and I'll try and copy all the pics to a flash drive and send it home this
week!
Love
-Elder McAllister
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment