Monday, June 24, 2013

June 17, 2013

hey yal,
So yeah I heard about the fire Friday at a service place one of the people had a son in the springs and so he was tellin me about it. That put me in a huge worry..... worse than the one last year I heard.  Pretty crazy..... except he didn't tell me where it was so I figured it was in woodland park again so now I was like well my family survived a gas leak we'll see if they survive a forest fire now. Talk about stressin and havin zero communication... but then I asked a member to look it up, found it was black forest then was like now worried about Granny and the Drew's.... crazy stuff...... but I'm glad it's all gettin controlled. I sure would love to help fight one of those...... soon enough. Actually I'm now thinking if fire doesn't turn out, I'll try sheriff. We will see though.
Glad camp went good and trek will be a total blast! We're workin hard and I'm starting to get tired. man oh man. same area, same non progressing investigators and members not really doing their part. so it's tough but Kety and I sure have fun. WML still doesn't know my name but whatever. The trust has been built up with this ward and they love missionaries now. I feel my job is done..... get in, set up the area, then move on. So I feel it's about my time. we'll see what happens.
Sorry not much to write about this week. Still workin and tryin my best. transfers are next Tue. They are every 6 weeks. so I'll either leave next week or I'll be here in Santa Clara for 12 more weeks..................................... dunno if I'll survive that....
Chuck Smith is a boss...... my shoulder's alright......we moved 3 families and ones a hoarder of all sorts of table saw stuff and routers and bandsaws and you name it. Then of course, he holds all his tools in filing cabinets.... haha oh yeah and there in the basement. That really put a strain on my shoulder lol. Then at the end, he's like, I think I'll hire some help. haha wow, oh well got my work out for the day :) the mission nurse has me covered. not goin to a doc. not a chance :) lol
Echo Hawk was great super spiritual, really helped me develop my prayers and counsel with the Lord not talk at the Lord. Love the bible dictionary on prayer. It's fantastic. yal should read it.
have a great week!
love
-ElderMcAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment