Hey yal,
Transfer time again but I'm stayin put :) E. Call is moving to Palo Alto
1st ward with E. Hardy and Steve Young and Dick Perry and Marc Zuckerburg(facebook guy)... pretty lucky kiddo. So it'll be just me and Fish for the
next bit. I'm excited, it'll be good because then he can't hide behind me and Call
and will have to get outta his shell.
Its so cold here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! idk why!!!!!!!! the humidity I guess but
man there was ice today and we ran 3 miles.... what were we thinking?????? but we
ended at a warm McDonald's so it worked out haha! but man it was freezing... plus
our apartment's from the Nephites so the windows are paper thin and so we have
all sorts of random things taped to the windows to keep the heat in haha
luckily we have our own furnace so we got it blasted to 78! haha
Yeah so in running today I came to the realization I am super outta
shape..... like insanely.... so we'll see hopefully I can get into a routine and
start bulkin up!..... intimidate some mean crotchety white people of Palo Alto
haha.
The work is ultra slow. Our 1 investigator is now in China so we have
contacted roughly 2000+ people and lots of service to try and show the Lord we
need investigators along with many fasts and prayers. So a guy came in from the
streets named Tyler yesterday and so hopefully things will start to go for him
that'd be so sweet!!! He's a Tyler so that's already off to a good start!
Man life is so good. I love this zone..... they are the bomb. Working so hard
and calling down miracles. If we were a city, we'd be brought up next to Enoch's.
I love em so much. AHHH!!!! never been happier and never had more fun and never had
this hard of an area before too. Singles wards are totally different ball games. Its interesting to see the Lord bless us tremendously in some ways and then tell
us to grow and not help as much in others.
Oh so I got a card reader so I can view files on SD cards now and I saw all
the pictures you sent like eons ago......they were awesome! I couldn't help but
smile my way through em all and laugh at some of em. Yal are the best! ever!
love how the 3 of yal are always laughin and huggin. puts on the illusion that
you all love each other.. sneaky snakes! haha just kidding! I love it! cant get
enough and man have you seen Duke? Gosh he is awesome! best dog ever! what
would yal do without him!? Its like having a piece of me because basically we
have the same attention span so basically we're the same. I'm just less furry.
hahahahaha Man I love you guys. so excited for Christmas!!! How amazing and
strange was the Christmas devotional?!?! E. Nelson's talk was basically a Mormon
message already and I just love the song Silent Night. I could fall asleep to
that every day!
Life is so good! I can't get off of that! like yeah we struggle but God is
so good! Oh funny story so the sisters were supposed to teach Gospel Principles
and asked us to just start it. so I got up and started it and they went and sat
down and didn't move when I said they were up.... so I got to do an improve
lesson on prayer which wasn't bad but it was bad haha oh well it was super
funny. gotta keep my A game on I guess.
So there's this thing called the crèche and its 400+ nativities from around
the world. super cool the stake puts it on and we help with that for like 10
hrs... plus had Zone Training meeting and idk how but the Lord helped me apply
the waldo canyon fire to missionary work it was so cool! I always try to share
fire stories for my time I have to teach.... its way fun! so if you hear any send em
please!
So Christmas stuff that I've been thinkin about lately. So being Silicon Valley you know how cool a MacBook Air would be for school?? that's not
christmasy but maybe we can talk a deal or something when I get home. Speaking of school is there anything more I can do to help? I'm so excited!!!! me
and E. Anderson cant stop talking about it hahah its so fun!
I think what would be way sweet for Christmas if possible would be like a
speaker, like an ihome but works with an auxiliary cord because then we can plug
our DVD player into it for CDs and when missionaries come over with their mp3
players we can listen to em too :) and bring it to the gym on Pday for
volleyball!! Jenna btw I've gotten my hits down real well so watch out cause I'm
gettin trained by Tongans! hahaha
So church is canceled for the 21st and 29th cause everyone is gonna be home....
so idk what we're gonna do lol but this area never ceases to surprise.
Love yal so much.... have great week! This gospel is so true! Prayer is
amazing!!! We can talk to the most powerful being in the universe! who controls
the universe and all 3000000000000000 trillion billion stars in it! We can talk
to Him personally one on one amego el amego and he listens and cares! That's
soooo cool!! and it just blows my mind that that is our potential. That's the
potential we have as children of God. How amazing is that. How amazing is
Christ? Christmas spirit just hit me. The Savior and Redeemer of all mankind we
get to celebrate His birth. That's an honor and a privilege and a blessing to
have thoughts of Him always in our hearts this season. I love it. Christ is our
big brother, way better than I could be or that anyone could be. We learned about
gratitude in church. A quote was "Our hearts should break in gratitude whenever
our thoughts turn to the Atonement of Christ" and that's still an insignificant
amount of gratitude compared to the sacrifice Heavenly Father made and Christ
made. That's like someone builds you a house and pays for whatever you want for
the next 100000 years and you just point out the house wasn't the color you
wanted. no bueno! I'm going to be more grateful and be a more positive and happy
and grateful person :)
Love yal
-Elder McAllister
**Here are some pictures another Mom sent to me last month...kept forgetting to add them to his posts. The middle 2 I believe are from Thanksgiving. This first one is a service that gave as a Zone to a man who needed help cleaning out his garage. The last one is typical Tyler...playing with fire. It's the firefighter in him I guess



No comments:
Post a Comment