Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 18, 2014

hey yal,
 
Man, sounds like a great week! Glad Jenna's doin vb year round.... that will super help her get real good real fast! Meg 94.7 is legit for an opening meet! Like super legit specially with crazy wind. I hate wind.... there is literally no purpose for it but to torment us lol. You'll do just fine this year. If that's your bottom mark, all ya can do is go farther which is triple digits!  Keep it up... stay positive and happy!
 
Meg if you don't like teaching so much, you might want to rethink a mission. Its all about teaching and random questions being thrown at you and preparing lessons and talks and impromptu testimonies and opportunities to talk and talk and talk haha that sounded negative recap! Still go on a mission. Always getting called to teach is how the Lord is preparing you for whats ahead! Trust the Lord he knows what hes doing :)
 
This last week was good. Got fed pretty much each day, haven't found anyone who we can teach yet, definitely had a blast with Sonenstahl. We had a powwow with our WML Sunday and went over the logistics and stats of the ward and he was shocked at how tied our hands are here with DNCs and non willing people. Our teaching pool for non members is effectively zero. Javier moved......to Morgan Hill .... soooo life draining. Our golden boy gone. The Lord is definitely in it somewhere so that's good! Just have to start back at the bottom again. Luckily I have E. Sonenstahl cause we feed off each other a lot and have a blast together and make everything fun and positive Satan cant bring us down! This ward is like at the breaking point for the good.... I feel its like breaking that 100ft barrier in discus you get right up to it and never can seem to break it. Well we're there and the Lord knows when we're ready to break it and hit 150+.
 
Went to Santa Cruz yesterday for pday. Oh man was it legit! Perfect weather 75 and a slight breeze off the ocean to cool us off. Oh man it was perfect! Beach volleyball for hours on end and football to end it all. I love the beach.... its the best. And best of all I didn't get burnt! yes!!! hahah but yeah it was legit.  Had some legit pizza there and saw crazy people which Santa Cruz is known for and had a blast with the zone. Love the beach and the sun and volleyball.
 
We came home that day and got on the bikes for our appointment and one moment I'm looking at the road, the next I'm starring the road down..... flipped over my handlebars.... man haven't done that since day 1 of my mission...... dunno what happened but it was hilarious. Nothing too broken besides my ego haha but it was sure funny.
 
Traveling APs came to tag along with us the other day to evaluate us. Just happens to be my trainer E. Clarke. Man I prayed so hard to love him and to be happy with him but I just snap right back into the times I was being trained and tense up each lesson because I just know the inevitable criticisms are coming. It happened a bit this time because well that's his job now. But whateves, didn't let it get to me. We'll just see what he tells president.
 
Really havin a great time out here. We got to go give a blessing with Clarke and went to the park and found a "clergy only" spot. So we obviously count as clergy and parked haha it was legit! lol the little things in life are the ones you enjoy right? Well that seems to be the case with me a lot! 
 
Life is so good. I cant believe my mission is winding down. Everyone's asking me about going home already.... missionaries, members, everyone...... AHHHH!!!! haha let me enjoy the time of my life while I can! Just kidding, its not that bad but its like almost everyday. I just love my mission so much. If I could re-sign up for 2 more years I think I would. love love love love it here! The comradary   between missionaries and the love that members offer is just awesome. Love it so much. Love going home and just having a million aches and pains and muscle fatigue and tiredness and mental exhaustion..... best feeling ever. man its the best.
 
Hope yal have a super good week.... really enjoy each moment! Live it all to the fullest! Talking to pres about college and so I'll keep yal posted on that. Love ya
 
-E. McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment