Saturday, April 26, 2014

April 22, 2014

Hey yal,

This was a crazy week! We are so blessed that Easter worked out so well. We didn't have a dinner til last minute and then a surprise lunch right before so we were stuffed! haha it was good. We had Stake Conference the past weekend and we accidentally went to the priesthood leadership training lol it was so boring and things I feel Bishops should already know. Oh well they are champs for stickin with it! haha President Watkins spoke at the adult session and man he is such a good speaker! The whole session was on Hastening the Work of Salvation and people were getting up and saying to do this and do that and I was even thinkin man this is alot to swallow and then pres gets up and is like all that stuff is well and good but just let others see the joy and light the gospel brings into your life. He gave an experience of him at Chili's with some missionaries. The place was down a cook or something and it took forever to get the food and the waitress was always bringin chips and salsa and sayin, it'll be right out and fillin drinks and doin her best and after the meal pres asked for the manager and she was so nervous and didn't want that but reluctantly she brought him over and he looked like he had been chewed out 20 times that day and pres was like I assume you had a problem in the back because the service was so slow and stuff and the manager was tryin to explain and pres was like look I don't care about that. This girl was a rockstar... she was under pressure and in a tight situation and she did a rockstart job with what she was givin. She needs a raise and should take the rest of the day off and just talked her up. The manager and the waitress were shocked. Completely shocked. The moral was it took about 30 seconds and didn't cost a dime to talk someone up or do something nice and it totally changed their day. Just being on a mission.... a simple hi to someone on the street can lift their spirits and change their day. He taught that if someone you bumped into during the day took an inventory of the day and everyone they met, would you stand out? Would they think wow that person was so nice and courteous or would they not remember you at all? We should be remembered and bring joy to others! That's way easier than a goal of 10 Book of Mormons passed out in a year! lol it was awesome.... he's such a good speaker.

Met with him about college last week too and talked alot like 2 hrs. I'm pumped! I'm gonna make it happen and he said if he finds me on the couch in October with a bowl of Coco Crispies on my stomach watchin TV at 3 in the afternoon, he's gonna kick my trash lol.

So I'm emailing on a Tuesday if you haven't noticed. Yesterday we had 2 moves for pday! whahoo lol it was pretty good for the most part.  The 1st move we got to borrow E. Claytons GMC 2500HD to move some stuff into storage for Tila the lady we moved a few pdays ago. His truck is so nice! and we washed her and filled her back up and they were like you can't do that! hahah too funny love doing nice things for people especially the Clayton's..... they are amazing. Then we moved a ol lady outta the ward and the truck was so small I wasn't confident we could fit it all plus we had too many Chiefs and not enough Indians and I was so done with the HP group leader... he wanted it his way when it wasn't the best way or the majority and blah lol oh well it got done but I was glad to be away from him. 

E. Sonenstalhl is with E. Hardy in Monterrey, that lil girl.... they are having such a blast down there. I'm with E. Tripp now.... been out 6 months and from Arizona but has to be technical and says he's from Provo even though he lived there 6 months then moved to about 25712341234 places then Arizona. And anytime anyone asks wheres he's from he has to give the whole story..... ay carumba. He reminds me of someone but not nearly as well rounded. After 3 hrs of listening to the Halo story plot and gears of War Plot I can tell you anything you want to know about that junk.... he's been out 6 months and i don't think he has contacted a single person while he's been here... loves humming and singing random hymns when members try talking and tries to correct me on every little thing.... its rough. oh so rough.... but this is what the Lord has givin me so that's what we're rolling with. I feel I'm shouldering the ward by myself with out WML leaving too. man its alot. so glad for exchanges with Jackson...... a chance to relax and breath. They stay with the polys and so I pranked E. Tupua last night with the typical shaving cream to the face. It was hilarious.... then I ran and hid and when I went to see if he woke up he was making a sandwich hahaha I love the polys the're bomb!  Lets just say though with Tripp I really hope I get 1 more comp before I go home to end on a good note.

The work is slowly growing in our area on our side. The sisters always are blessed with all they need lol and we are slowly getting more LA to teach and things to fill our time. Adopting the Ammon idea of serve serve serve and so we'll see how that goes. Time was cruising by with Sonenstahl, now its a little slower.. like alot lol  Been out 20 months today. can't believe it... I'm reading D&C a chapter a day so when I'm finished with it I'll be home hahaha so I'm kinda counting down.  

love you guys so much! Thanks for the package! I really enjoyed it! Shot everyone in the house hahah it was great! Oh the other night E. Strauss decided to cut open some glow sticks and in the middle of the night he flung it around and 5 glow sticks later our apartment looked like avatar it was so cool! and didn't leave any stuff on the walls or clothes so it was a huge blast!

Have a good week! I love you guys! Pray for me lol I need it. And pray for Tripp that he keeps his teeth. lol JK... its not that bad... yet.

love ya!
-E. McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment