Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 7, 2014

Hey yal!
Sounds like a rockin week! Conference was amazing, we all think something big is gonna happen with in the next year with the motivation and the need to step up our faith in Christ and to firmly plant our flag and let it be seen by all. Something about being a missionary and in the trenches 24/7 makes conference just that much better..... like we're on the same battlefield. Its a cool feeling and the spirit is soooo strong in conference. That's amazing that yal could go to 2 sessions, E. Sonesnstahls fam was there too for the sun afternoon. It was a cool conference ....one of my overall favorites if not my favorite. Dad, now you have an excuse to get your Silverado ;)
Yes sorry, got the packages! The cinnamon rolls were eatin within the day and the pants and shirt I've got to take to a tailor to fit em a bit. Thanks for them, they are super nice clothes! The rolls were delicious as always! You are the best!
Wait we have 3 pets now?
So USU was a let down it sounds like? hmmm well I'll keep prayin where I should go.... E. Hardy decided BYU and Housekeeper is going BYUI and Jackson is going USU or SUU for generals then USU for major.
The cool thing.... oh man its legit. So I want to go to USU right and obstacles keep coming up that would keep me from there and the more I go to Heavenly Father and search for other options the more the Lord opens possible doors and ideas to help me get to USU. Its pretty awesome. So obviously it hasn't come full circle but its on the way!  So I talked to a rep there who I forwarded the email of. and I've thought about it and I can take the ACT again. The test date is Sept 13th and deadline is Aug 8th for registration. but if I can do that and knock out a 26, then I can get OOS tuition waived and enter the winter semester with Jackson. Plus a member is willing to sell me his 2001 Dodge Durango  as well. Now that's not a need just a possible thing so I'm not thinking heavily on that but the important part is I might be able to swing in state and if I can do that it might just be doable..... might. I have also looked at BYUI and I will apply to both BUYI and BYUH and Provo because they're the same application just to see what happens. I'm pretty sure I want to go into school at the winter semester though. I can get home and work my tail off, go into construction or carmax or somewhere maybe with the family business. maybe.... work like crazy til winter and then go to school. I still gotta talk to pres and more with God.  I'm just trying to prepare my presentation before I show them it so they can see I am putting my effort in and then I can partake of the blessings of their revelation to me. So we'll see how it goes but I think were makin some headway here.

I'll let you know what happens as it happens. In between conference, I took a blackboard and just went to town drawing and writing every possible idea and way I could get an education and set up my life. Every pro and con I could think of. It was pretty intense and luckily I've got some awesome friends here that helped out a ton! so I'm grateful for them.
Other than that, the week was pretty usual. We got 2 new possible investigators which is amazing! A huge blessing! and yes transfers are next Tuesday so I'm hoping that Sonenstahl stays one more but idk if it'll happen. I should stay here unless something crazy happens. We'll see.  I am spiritually filled to the brim between the Temple and General Conference and reading through Doc. and Cov. and Jesus the Christ and I'm just starting Mormon Doctrine. Man I turned into a book worm what happened to me?!? haha but its all good and I love it and eat it up as much as I can! I'm lovin my mission. I'm loving the weather and I'm lovin the struggle I'm having with finding out what I should do in the future. I love it. The Lord loves me and you all and blesses us so much!

Quote of the week,"pray casually if you want God to bless you casually." Prayer is so important it was a huge theme of conference too so make sure your being heartfelt and personal! You guys are awesome..... thank you for all the help and support and love you send my way. I definitely feel the strength and revelation I am blessed with because of your prayers for me! You all are the best! Love you so much! Have a super week! Let me know track details!!!
love
-E.McAllister

 Why is he is a tshirt when everyone else is in a shirt and tie?
 He made the outgoing list!
Temple before Conference

Mom Note:  This was also sent by Tyler in a separate email with this picture.....

This was our service last week.... 7 hrs of cleaning out an Asian's garage with tons of food left in there. It has hilarious! about 45 rats total.... 7 Elders and 2 neighborhood kids armed with golf clubs cleaned out her garage and had a blast! We all were down the next day from all the rat mess we breathed in but we got the job done! It was definitely a motivator to be a clean freak hahaha

NOW....this is a letter I got from Elder Sanchez's mother through an email group I belong to telling about the same story....
 
Wednesday, that was a crazy day, we talked to a lady named Nancy , she doesn't go to our branch, but the English ward that meets in our same building, anyway, she asked me and Elder Zollinger to go and help her with "some help in her garage" is how she stated it, and so we showed up, and there were probably 100+ moving boxes full of clothing, and later we come to find out, boxes full of food as well. So let's do the math here, boxes full of food like spaghetti and cereal, and things like this plus in a garage that is very poorly sealed off from the outside world... what does that equal? Rats.

Yes, rats. The evidence of their existence was ever so prevalent. We did some deep cleaning, and removing each box and item one by one into her driveway, sweeping and wiping down as we went. No sign of an actual rat though. We realized at around 2 pm, after working for almost 2 hours, that we could not finish this project by ourselves, either we got help or we would not even make a dent in this project we deemed and named "Rat Eradication" so we called our good friends and elders. Elders Sonenstahl, McAllister, Featherstone, Ayotte, and Morgan. Elder Sonenstahl is a hunter, and so is Elder Featherstone, so they were more than willing to come out for the 'fight' so we finished one side of the garage without a single sign of any rats. But the other side was a lot more treacherous. We got to the middle of the tower and pile of boxes and realized that there were tons of holes in the boxes as if it were a network of delicious food tunnels for these vermin. One by one we removed and shook and hit eat box as if to provoke them out of their "Ritz Carlton" for rats, or should I say "Rats Carlton"? One by one, they came out in a frenzy, only to meet their demise by the head of a golf club or other blunt device. I know this seems quite morbid, but these vermin were causing much trouble for this single woman who is deathly afraid of vermin of this sort. In total after cleaning, and inspecting each and every box, the count of vermin was 18 in total. Yes 18. We reorganized her garage in such a way that no rats would be able to lounge in the boxes, and also threw away all of the food items. Set about 8 more traps just in case, and called it a night. It was an adventure of sorts, but a little bit too much for an average missionary to handle in one day.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I had to laugh at the difference in the stories.....too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment