Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1, 2014

Hey yal,
 
So it was amazingly wet this week haha we got drenched all day everyday basically. but it was so good. I decided I didn't care to stay semi dry and went through 4inch deep puddles as fast as I could and it was awesome! but I was so cold after that. Me and Sonenstahl have become wussies to the cold now. but its ok well get back into it. so much fun though I love it!
 
Yes the Fijian made her plane and should get back tomorrow to a brand new apartment.
 
Best part of the week! Went to the temple today like 4 hrs ago and oh man it was the best! I went asking about college as my big question and boom I feel I've gotten my answers or at least some push in the right direction because after I got out the hermana's we rode down with..... one went to BYU-H and told me I better apply cause all the poly friends I've made out here are going there and it is cheap and she said I would just fit in. Which if I can get in would be as cheap as BYU Provo.... and she said the classes are way easier cause English is a 2nd language basically soooooooo I could actually do good in grammer and English classes for once! heck yes!! So I'm going to apply there and school then doesn't start til September. Plus president also said if me and E. Jackson room at USU he would help with $$ for a apartment and vehicles. so I'm still tryin to work out that whole thing and will be calling him this week and meeting with him the 13th to talk about it. So hopefully he will help but the overwhelming answer I got in the temple was don't rush the Lord. And that I need to be patient and be satisfied and grateful for a days filling of help or basically taking things on the Lords time and letting the things He wants for me roll in motion. Plus all this time I've been so greedy I cant believe how greedy I've been.... I want to be a Fire fighter, I want to do military, sheriff, I want to go to Logan, I don't want BYU... I want I want I want! Finally I humbled myself and realized its not what I want. So graciously He reminded me of parts of my Patriarchal blessing and I realized I want to do whatever He needs of me. I want to be put in the places I can help Him with the things that I can do to help. I want to have a career, schooling etc that will allow me the adequate time I need for my family and for my church callings to help others. And I gotta follow my plaque scripture. Funny how I picked that and its been a theme in my whole mission and basically what I teach everyone.! crazy
 
Loving my mission basically! Yesterday for pday was a state holiday so I couldn't email but pres let us borrow one of his crown vics so we looked like cops and drove down to Morgan Hill to see mama smith and e. Hardy and Whaley it was a blast! Plus went to the boot barn and picked me up a new hat! Its basically legit. hahah love it. Love my mission. Love the way the Lord just makes my day everyday and how he has a huge elaborate plan for me and it just keeps falling into place better and better. Love it so much. Other than the temple its just the usual.....few dinners and trying to find a new investigator to teach the gospel to. We're keepin our heads up and workin hard and having a blast!  So thankful for yals prayers they are what I need! and I feel them strengthen me and keep me movin forward. Its crazy my time is so limited but still feels like I'll be here forever. Its so good though. Transfers comin up in 2 weeks. nervous but hopeful.
 
Love yal so much! Sorry only thing is temple on my mind but I'll have more fun crazy adventure for you coming up next week!
 
-E. McAllister
 
 his new bike...painted Aggie colors
 His companion Elder Sonenstahl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment