Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve 2012

Hey yal,

This weeks been so crazy...... took awhile to get back on track of missionary work and stop daydreamin of what happened to my room xD jk but I do miss yal alot.

That book ya sent of the pictures was perfect, that's all I needed for Christmas and yes I actually thought the mustache one was funny, even though I didn't when we took em. Still don't get the holding hands one so at least I'm still a little rebellious!! hahaha!! You corrupted my too mom!! I am constantly hounding my comp to keep the apartment clean. He doesn't do that and guess what..... also get on him when he doesn't............put his dishes in the dishwasher..... commence laughing now...... just get it all out. all the "told ya so's" and "moms always right" just lay em on me haha. idk what's happenin to me!!!! I must be sick or something..... haha but seriously all I needed was that book for Christmas. Glad yal were in there and Duke and of course the 30-6..... pulls all those memories outta my brain. Nice touch mom. haha everyone loves that USA tie ya sent me. Can't wait to see what they think of the RED NECK ONE!!! haha that song musta been about my life. just had to be.

yeah still raining..... and its around 30's in weather plus a wind chill as well. But we keep chugging along I guess. The work of the Lord MUST go forth boldly, nobly, and independent. (standard of Truth)

Elder Sanders and I bought Risk today to play on Pdays. I'm rusty.......... a snot nosed kid from Utah beat me....... hahahaha but we had lots of fun!

Last night we were at the Meyers and the Gorwitz family came over as well as our investigator Claire. It was such a blast!!! Never laughed so hard in my mission. Bro. Gorwitz is hilarious! I love him to death!! Weak stomach people skip the next part..... so Bro Meyers has an insane blender, so we had breakfast for dinner, eggs, pancakes, bacon, the works, after it all he puts the scraps in the blender, with some extra stuff like fruit and ketchup and randomness, then hands me and Elder Sanders a glass........ Meyer FearFactor..... I down it easy. Sanders......lost his dinner after a sip xD HAHAHA it was hilarious!!!! Then as a good companion, I finished his glass. The taste was sitting in the back of my throat forever!!! haha it was nasty but I just chugged it! lol the crazy things Bro Gorwitz and Meyer come up with for us missionaries..... its crazy.

Now I need to say spiritual stuff.

So Claire and us were talking and she's like super smart...... like a teenage English teacher and she gives us a word to use with our teaching...... it was rominate. Once I got it down I was like "few more words and I'll have the vocab of Elder Clarke!" which never used a word smaller than 7 syllables. And she answered back,"what you lack in vocab you make up in spirit." at first I was thinking like school spirit. or like being positive. then it hit me(I'm very slow I noticed haha) and she was talking about the Holy Spirit and I got knocked off my feet. That changed my whole prospective of my mission. I've been so worried about knowing as much as I can and knowing all the scriptures and such that I haven't focused on bringing the Spirit. But when we have sorta laid back and unstructured lessons.... boom.... the Spirit is there. So I learned it's not about the fancy vocab or object lessons or what have you, it's about helping the investigators feel and recognize the Spirit in their lives. That simple conversation changed my whole attitude.

Well gotta run! Hope yal are doing great and enjoying break! I LOVE YAL!

PS.... thanks Meg for making sure I like my presents haha!

-Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment