hey yal!,
So yeah, we knew Pres Watkins was leaving ages ago haha he got a call one
day and it was the new president and the other guy was like "Hello I'm the
president of the CSJM and Pres Watkins was like ummmmmm what? haha it was
hilarious! but yes know him and I get him for 1 transfer and then I go home. Would love to leave with President Watkins..... that man is just wow, unbelievable,
the most humble and hilarious and loving man. jeez I'm going to die when he
leaves....
So not rub it in or anything butttttttttt we drove to the library today
with the windows down and the AC on hahaha its like mid 70s
This was a good week. Had exchanges with the assistants and had a decent
time. But was way happy to be back where I belong in the Menlo Park Zone! Man I
love the guys here if I could make a company I'd have every one of em work for
it cause they are just awesome!
E. Call moved back in with us and his companion so there's 4 of us now! Its a
blast! The neighbors might not be the happiest cause we're loud but haven't
heard much from em. Call fell asleep early last night and got attacked by a
Sharpe. Those Sharpes can come outta no where!! haha
Something this past week just clicked with singles ward. I'm not sure what
it was but man o man I love it. idk why either! Maybe I'm in the process of being
humbled but man I love it and now that I say that I'll get transferred haha.
Transfers are the 21 or whenever next Tuesday is and yes I'm printing
pictures off for journal signing then I'll send it.
Oh so funny story and yet super spiritual too...... so in EPA the other day.....
murder capital of the country in 1992........ just to help set the mood haha. Sisters
set up a lesson for us with a guy and so we called him and he wanted to meet at
the McDonald's. We said sure. Got a time and went over. oh yeah that McDonald's
had 6 people shot in it about 6 months ago. only McDonald's I know with bullet
proof windows. Anyway, so we go cause we're servants of the Lord and of course he
will protect his missionaries. So we're there and the guy doesn't show up. This other
guy approaches us and keeps asking "why are you here?" in a really stern tone
and keeps walkin towards us. Oh also I'm the only white guy for like a sq. mile. Told him we were missionaries and all that and he just kept askin the same
question oh yeah and Fish is like almost crying right haha he just doesn't say a
thing and tries to blend into the wallpaper lol. But this guy then started going
off about how we worship Joseph Smith and such over Christ and so I was like no
no no lol and it was so cool because I listened with the intent on understanding
instead to bash and reply and the Spirit made his heart mush by the time he left.....
it was so cool! How everything was taught and how the Spirit was present. He was
like totally in agreance with us and he was like can I get that book? and
so we got him a Book of Mormon and then he left. Few minutes later after Fish
went to the bathroom haha, we left and saw he was chillin at the bus stop reading
it! sooooo cool.... the Spirit can soften anyones heart that is willing to listen! Man loved that experience!!! soo good!!
Yeah that was really my week. Oh this morning, Hardy, Whaley and Call and son
and I went up into the hills.... not mountains.... and had a blast bushwacking and
climbing and all sorts of fun! I'm super sore but it was so nice to be outdoors
again!!
love yal! have a super awesome week!
-Elder McAllister


No comments:
Post a Comment