hey yal!
So glad to hear from yal! Love the great things going on at home!
So I got to email twice because we can do Mormon.org time and lds.org time
researching talks and such and I just decided to check my email and saw yours
so I quickly replied and got back to work haha. Its been super cold here too.
like freezing....... not happy about that with full bike. Its like too warm to
wear jacket but at the same time its to cold when the wind blows to not wear
one. Its that weird middle ground and so I usually pick the jacket and so I get
super sweaty haha oh well I'm on a bike..... members should know that's what'll happen!
hahaha
E. Sonenstahl is from Minnesota and his parents are converts so he's the 1st
mish in his fambam. He's hilarious. Two rednecks in a house and man we have a
blast! We're thinkin about buyin a duckblind and using that as our desks hahahaha .....
would be so funny when president comes to inspect our apartments haha we'll see
what happens.
Lots of challenges with this ward. We barely have enough priesthood to be a
ward I think. Our Elders quorum is like 7 literally and HP is around 10. Everyone's just inactive and are hostile too. So we're workin with little to
nothing and little to no help from the members including dinners..... we have
maybe 3 a week... bikes plus no food = hard haha. I've dropped almost 10 LBs. The
zone is slowly getting better but the ZLs are still not being even reasonable....
let alone not using common sense. But that OK, we just listen and obey. You're only
as good of a leader as you are a follower! So I'm earnin my stripes. Heard Menlo
Park.... my beloved zone where my heart still lies..... is completely different. E.
Barber took my place up there (the one I was with in Santa Clara who I didn't get
along with) and he's trashing it.... but they're #1 in baptizing so far this year
so maybe he's doing good.
Man I just love it here! cept on Sunday when a member showed the video Hark All Ye Nations on hastening the work site and I almost cried because my mission is
almost over!!! not cool! I have these mental battles where I start to be like
man I'm gonna miss this when I'm gone but then I'm like no I'm not gone yet so work! Its really hard but I'm loving the ability I have to see the goal and go for
it. This week we taught Javier 2 times! and he's well on his way to baptism.....so
excited for that!
Oh my ankle..... hahaha torn ligament. Hangin by a thread and he can't do
anything about it. So I gotta be super careful and he gave me a few PT exercises
to do to help strengthen the muscles around it to take the stress off the
ligament. Not fun! but I'm still pluggin along!
E. Cook of the 12 is coming Saturday. That'll be sweet..... he is a good speaker!
Love bein a DL and teaching a small group every week.... that's alotta fun and
cool to see how the Lord knows them and knows what I should teach to help em
out.
Thank you for the cookies..... I ate em that day. Like within 2 hrs hahaha ...they
were so dang good.
I'm loving every second of it here. Satan can't knock my happiness down or
even blemish it! The work is moving forward whether the members want in or not. They gotta step up or step aside for the work of the Lord will go forward and I'm
so happy to be a part of it! Gosh I love it.... love love love it! Every hr, every
minute.... well except for waking up.... that's probably the worst part of the day
haha but once I'm over that hill, its smooth sailing!!
Love yal so much! Have a super fantastic week! and watch Daily Bread and Light on mormonchannel.org. both 3 part
Mormon messages. Ones by Christofferson, the other Bednar. They are fantastic! Have a good week!
-E.McAllister


No comments:
Post a Comment