Hey Yal,
This week has been crazy...
I'm super
stressedddddd...... Lavelua's leaving and I don't know the wards or area too well and I'm
training and ZL over 30 missionaries...........stressville population me. I
probably feel like Meg before 4 AP tests.... yeah, so we'll see how it goes. I
know the Lord will qualify me. I was told an awesome quote......"Don't
tell your God how big your storms are... tell your storms how big your God
is"
Man that just pumps me up! Makes me feel (backed by the Savior)
invincible.(oh no, fell back into the teenage years of invincibility) haha but
spiritually. yeah just a great quote and is the best thing
ever.
I've really dove into my prayers trying to make em more
personal and a conversation not a grocery list and its amazing what comes from
having a conversation with Heavenly Father. He is the best listener and the best
giver.
This past Sunday in 2nd ward(older ones), we had an "intro to church"
day. We had Pres. Clark from the mission presidency and Elder Packer from the
area 70 come talk to everyone and we gave out a bazillion pass along cards for
the event and we packed the chapel! It was sweet and went perfect! I cant wait to
see the work and interest that comes from it! I'm just nervous.... Lavelua's a really
good talker and idk why but the wards intimidate the heck outta me. So instead of
the Lord blessing me to be more outgoing and such, he gives me opportunities to
grow my outgoing trait. I just love how Heavenly Father works! its
great!
Life on the mission is fantastic.... I couldn't imagine my life
any other way. I just love it.
Went to the outgoing fireside last
night and I'm like wow. I remember when I thought I'd never be up there and now I'm
like, I pack my suitcases like 2 more times and I'm home...........ay
carumba!!
Love yal so much! This is the Lord's church. He could
pull people into the gospel any way He wants and in way more effective ways and
yet he chooses 18-23 year olds to bear humble testimonies of His church and
Gospel. Speaking of which.... so testament means covenant too like they're the same
word and a covenant is a promise between us and God himself. So if you look at
the old "Testament" it was the covenant that Christ would come. The New
"testament" was that Christ would set the means for us to return home to
Heavenly Father and the Book of Mormon or "another Testament of Jesus Christ"
is a covenant that the Christ will come again and that through Christ, the Plan
of Salvation can be accomplished. Go through the whole plan of salvation..... every
single fraction of it goes back to Christ. that's crazy! blew my mind! reading
the scriptures is God's easiest, for lack of a better term, covenant for us to
keep. WOW! haha good stuff
Love yal have a good week. Some extra prayers
would be fantastic.... strength and ability to cope with stress.
Love you so much! It finally dawned on me
when a missionary was talking last night that he was going home and will be
sealed to his family. It dawned on me that I get to be with you each for
Eternity. I cannot think of a better way to spend eternity. It clicked and I almost
broke down in the meeting but I didn't because I'm a man(football) haha but it
means the world to me. Thank you both parents for raising us up in the covenant
of eternal families. I love it so much.....so grateful. It means everything to me! I love it:) and I love all of yal!
-Elder McAllister
No comments:
Post a Comment