Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oct 7, 2013

Hey yal,

So glad to hear the good things comin to our family.... love it!!

So before I forget.... I figured the money in my account was for the suit and the stores in Gilroy so I've got the reciept and waitin on Pres to give my the green light to go down. Its hard with all the mission rules to go an hr south for a suit and back.... so we'll see.  It'll happen in the next monthish. The longer it takes, the nicer the suit will be looking when I get home and better condition it'll be in haha!! So I'm OK with patience. Yeah so I'll let you go for the shoes unless you want me to shop around. There's a nordstroms rack here which I hear is fantastic! Nordstrom stuff for like Ross prices, so I can try that out and if I don't find anything, we can go from there? idk how you'd like to go forward.

Cinnamon rolls were fantastic! Loved em and Lavelua ....aka lava girl.... never had one before so he tried one and fell in love with em haha.

Yeah singles are weird looking at it from a missionary point. Theres some really great girls and the guys are all super shy and scared kids to ask em on a date. Rations like 10 guys to a girl in the younger ward and like 14 girls to 1 guy in the older ones. Really interesting haha. Yeah our WML is a RM and we didn't have a chat yet cause conference and we tried talkin to him at a ward function and yeah didn't even acknowledge us... oh well..

Yeah I probably showed how tired I was haha I couldn't keep my eyes open while emailing haha but Lavelua told me something interesting.... he was like " when I prayed I asked to not be so tired and God like was angry with me like you signed up for this and you want me to take it away?" and so I got thinking... man that's so true how would we grow if we just had God change our natures to give us what we need. If we gave a kid candy every time he wanted it he'd be like Fat Albert "hey hey hey" and I think its the same with God. He knows we're tired and stressed and working hard and he's happy and he can see the growth even if I can't.

This week was crazy jammed. 4 district meetings to go to 6 hrs total. Mission leadership council for 8hrs. Temple twice! 1 for endowment 6 hrs. one for visitor center. 4hrs. man oh man plus 10 hrs of General Conference. And that's how you get a really really busy week haha. But it was great!   I loved every tired eyelid falling second of it, specially the temple. Its always amazing to go there and to take place in the work of salvation for the dead. You should go do baptisms for the dead some time soon.

We picked up a new investigator and she reminds me so much of Claire Genesy, the girl that was baptized in hollister. same voice and concerns mostly and everything. Its so cool! She wants to be baptized and just doesn't know what church and is having spiritual experiences and knows it and is so happy. Like on the drive home from our lesson, she asked HF to play a church song on the way home if what she's doing is right and boom last song before she got in the driveway. And now she can't find it on her ipod of 2500 songs. Heavenly Father has a special love for her. She is so prepared and is going to do such great things when she starts acting on faith more and more. Really cool experience. plus over the past 2 weeks, 4 investigators have randomly come to church and 3 are solid courtneys one and the other 2 the sisters are teaching. I love singles ward..... so much fun! I've just got my family ward cobwebs covering my singles ward self so I'm workin on dustin it off.

Conference was fantastic.... best one yet! totally get that one on DVD.

So best part! Sister Latu, my MTC teacher, is dating a guy in my ward and came to conference! We got to catch up and all... it was so cool!  Who sees their MTC teacher on a mission??? no one! haha it was sick! SO happy! 1st thing she said was "awww you've gotten fat" I was like great.... haha but it was hilarious. We talked about the whole district and all. She apparently still talks to missionaries about us and stuff, its crazy! She still remembers us haha even though we were all like lil pups there in that MTC. so cool.

Ah, so E. Baumert.... he's in the zone and a total kill joy basically so I took him at the last DM and broke him and I was planning on being really mean and just getting inside him and tearin him apart because he doesn't want to be out here and is dragging everyone down and out right hating life right now. But the spirit was so strong and all that came out was love and cheerleading and told him to go to the temple looking for joy and happiness from Heavenly Father and oh man I saw him on Sunday, 4 days after the temple, and he had a smile on his face and was laughing and talking and his whole countenance turned happy and positive ahhhh!!! I'm sooooo happy for him! Hes on his was to loving his mission and the great miracles that come! So happy.... sooo sooo happy! What a change the spirit can bring to anyone. Hopefully the momentum continues.

Life's great. I keep feeling that this won't end and I'll be a missionary forever and I'm in love with it. Serving the Lord and being dead tired at 5 in the afternoon is the best feeling ever...looking back on it. In the moment, it bites but that's OK haha..

Loving every second of it out here. I wish I had like a go pro camera and you could follow me around for a day.... its sooo amazing. Ah, I just love it haha

Have a good week.... enjoy break! Remember I'm still waking up at that crack of dawn Meg when you wake up at noon............. hahahahah

love yal
-Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment